Upcoming Events:
Thursday, September 24th: Third Grade Open House 6:00 - 6:30pm
Tuesday, September 29th: School Picture Day
Dear Families,
We are really hitting our stride in our classroom. Students are familiar with our third grade schedule and routines and we have been getting some great work started. In math we are introducing elapsed time and beginning a year-long project that includes calculating the amount of time between sunrise and sunset then plotting this data on a bar graph at least monthly throughout the year. This is one of my favorite third grade projects because it leads to so many interesting discoveries and discussions. In our literacy block we continue our book study of The Wind in The Willows (studying characters, settings, plots, and themes), we continue our review of long vowel patterns (ae, ai, ea, ee, oa) and also building stamina for independent reading.
We are wrapping up our weather unit after a spectacular visit with Ted McInerny but will continue to observe and record our weather through December.
You will find a packet of this week’s homework in your child’s folder. I have reviewed expectations with our class of doing just one page a night and bringing the packet back to school each day so I can check in with your child’s work. Remember that homework is supposed to be a review of concepts learned at school and should not be a point of frustration. If your child is having trouble completing any assignment throughout the year, encourage your child to either take a break or bring it back to school unfinished so that I can help with the learning - I am always here to help!
Warmly,
Sarah
I look forward to seeing everyone at our open house on THURSDAY 6:00 - 6:30!
Homework:
Monday: Bar Graph Homelink
Tuesday: Elapsed Time Homelink
Wednesday: Strategies for Multiplication Homelink
Thursday: Introducing Division Homelink
No comments:
Post a Comment